Super, SUPER excited at the up coming launch of ThandieKay, the new blog that is due to start soon.
Thandiekay.com is a collaboration between famous British actress, Thandie Newton, and her international makeup artist and longtime friend, Kay Montano. After meeting on a Vogue shoot in 2006 they have been fast friends ever since, and have come up with some truly beautiful red carpet moments together. When I was assisting Kay I met Thandie on a number of occasions and not only is she a divinely lovely person, she is whip smart, funny and very talented. And she still looks gorgeous without a scrap of makeup on!
Kay has over 25 years of makeup experience behind her, working with pretty much any star you can think of – Keira Knightley, Amy Adams, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Jennifer Lawrence, Rachel Weisz, Salma Hayek, to name a few, as well as serious editorial (I’ve lost count of her Vogue covers). As well as regular beauty fare I have a feeling that we can expect some pretty amazing posts on art, photography, fashion and life in general from these two, and I for one, can’t wait.
Thandie Newton (this month’s UK Instyle cover girl) looked even more breathtaking than usual at last week’s Met Ball. Seriously, does the woman ever age? Wearing a black lace bespoke Stella Macartney gown she had her makeup done by her long-time makeup artist, Kay Montano. Here’s what Kay used:
Foundation: Olay Touch of Foundation
Powder: Illamasqua Loose Powder in LP235
Blush: MyFace Cosmetics blush in A Her Name is Rio
- MyFace EyeTouch Eyeshadow trio in Midnight Hour
- MyFace Hi-Def Pencil in Black
- Chanel Inimitable Obscure mascara in Black
- Chanel Ecriture de Chanel black liner
Lips: MyFace Lip Pop gloss in 136
I have another Beauty Breakdown treat for all you little makeup munchkins today! For the first time, one of my favourite actresses, Thandie Newton, has allowed a film crew in to catch her preparing for an event. And not only do I have the fabulous footage (seen here exclusively for Beauty and the Dirt), but I have a breakdown as well, courtesy of her long-time makeup artist, Kay Montano.
Thandie looks phenom, as always – seriously I have never, EVER seen her look anything than unbelievable. Here’s what Kay used:
- Olay Touch of Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder in Golden Orange
- Blush – Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Truffle
- Chanel Eyeshadow duo in Taupe Gris
- Myface Eye pencil in Black
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Black Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Black
- MyFace Lip Pop Gloss in 136
Only Thandie Newton could wear yellow this well! Her mustard coloured Louis Vuitton dress was a perfect foil to her beautiful tawny skin, and her long-time makeup artist, Kay Montano, was on hand to embellish her look. Here’s what she used:
Base – Myface Mymix foundation in Med/Dark 2
Powder – Temptu loose powder
Blush – Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Truffle
- Chanel Bronze eyeshadow
- Lord & Berry black eyeliner smudged in around lash lines
- Chanel Inimitable Obscure mascara in black
Lips – Nude Lip balm
How incredible does gorgeous actress Thandie Newton look in these pictures? It’s for the Virgin Shorts film competition which Thandie will soon be judging, and the brief was to recreate the drama of 1920’s silent screen actress Theda Bara.
Celebrity photographer Lorenzo Agius was behind the camera, and top hairdresser Neil Moodie was tending to her locks. As usual Kay Montano rocked it on the makeup front, and Thandie was her usual amazing self – how many movie stars will offer you a seat whilst you’re working? I can tell you now, not many – but there’s a reason why Thandie is one of my favourite stars. Here’s what Kay used to transform her into a Cecil B. DeMille era siren.
Base – Myface Mymix foundation in Med/Dark 01
Concealer – Becca concealer in Cappucino
Powder – Jurlique Translucent powder
Blush – No blush
- MyFace Soulful Shades Eyeshadow trio in Midnight Hour (the black shadow) as a base, creating the distinctive shape
- Chanel Eye Gloss quad in black over this, with a bit of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream on top for extra shine (which is key to this look)
- Eye rimmed with black Guyliner eye khol
- Black Chanel Inimitable Mascara
Lips – Chanel Les Rouge Noirs Hysteria lipstick in a 1920’s bee stung shape