Makeup by Kay Montano | Photographer – Patrick Demarchalier
I love the cover of the latest Lucky magazine, and makeup artist Kay Montano was chatting to me recently about what products she used on gorgeous actress Salma Hayek. The pictures were shot in Versailles (no less!) by top fashion photographer Patrick Demarchalier. Kay said it was a fantastic shoot as she has worked with both Patrick and Salma for many years – and, well Versailles, you can’t go wrong really.
During the shoot Salma showed Kay some of the products from her new beauty line in the US, Nuance, which Kay says are amazing. She used the Nuance blush in Apricot on Salma as it’s her favourite colour. These are available at CVS in the States.
Here’s what Kay used:
- MyFace MyMix foundation in Med 03
- YSL Touche Eclat in 03 (Salma loves this for brightening her under eye area)
- Smashbox Banana powder
- Chanel Teak eye pencil softly smudged
- Chanel Magic Night single eyeshadow over this
- Chanel Ligne Extreme black eyeliner
- Chanel Inimitable mascara in Black
- Nuance Flawless Mineral Cheek Trio in Apricot
- Bobbi Brown Blush Lip Liner
- Bobbi Brown Pink Truffle Pot Rouge (as a lip stain)