Radiant newlywed supermodel Miranda Kerr speaks exclusively with the Makeup Mole about her gorgeous new line of organic products, KORA, and, well, love, actually. Read it here
I thought she looked particularly gorgeous at the New York premiere this week, and apparently that very sexy eye makeup is courtesy of NARS. One of her regular makeup artists, Beau Nelson, used NARS Zardoz cream eyeshadow (a raven black), with NARS Pandora cream eyeshadow (a black and white duo) over it for those elongated, sexy eyes. Combining cream eyeshadow with powder gives beautiful depth and definition to your eye makeup and is a favourite MM technique. Now if NARS could just gift box up R-Patz to go with those eyeshadows, we’d all be set!
How incredible does gorgeous actress Thandie Newton look in these pictures? It’s for the Virgin Shorts film competition which Thandie will soon be judging, and the brief was to recreate the drama of 1920’s silent screen actress Theda Bara.
Celebrity photographer Lorenzo Agius was behind the camera, and top hairdresser Neil Moodie was tending to her locks. As usual Kay Montano rocked it on the makeup front, and Thandie was her usual amazing self – how many movie stars will offer you a seat whilst you’re working? I can tell you now, not many – but there’s a reason why Thandie is one of my favourite stars. Here’s what Kay used to transform her into a Cecil B. DeMille era siren.
Base – Myface Mymix foundation in Med/Dark 01
Concealer – Becca concealer in Cappucino
Powder – Jurlique Translucent powder
Blush – No blush
- MyFace Soulful Shades Eyeshadow trio in Midnight Hour (the black shadow) as a base, creating the distinctive shape
- Chanel Eye Gloss quad in black over this, with a bit of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream on top for extra shine (which is key to this look)
- Eye rimmed with black Guyliner eye khol
- Black Chanel Inimitable Mascara
Lips – Chanel Les Rouge Noirs Hysteria lipstick in a 1920’s bee stung shape
Claudia Schiffer was radiant in a gorgeous Temperley dress on the red carpet last night, where she accompanied her husband, Matthew Vaughan, to the premiere of his new film, Kick-Ass.
Kay used mostly Myface cosmetics last night to create Claudia’s red carpet look. Myface is quite a new range to the market, but I like everything I’ve tried from the range – there are more reviews coming up!
Skincare – Jurlique Soothing Herbal Recovery Gel
Base – Myface Mymix foundation in F2
Powder – Myface Mymatch Powder in Fair
Blush – Myface blush in Paradisio Pink
- Myface Black eyeliner smudged into lashlines
- Myface Soulful Shades in Midnight Hour (black, silver and grey)
- Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara in black
- Nude lipbalm
- Myface Lip Pencil in Fair
- Myface Vintage Pink lipstick
I couldn’t resist putting up this gorgeous video of Vanessa Paradis in her new Chanel ad:
- Because she’s beautiful
- It’s really cute
- I’ve been singing the tune in my head all day imaging myself as some chic, Gallic, gap toothed beauty
- The lippie is ace, and the color she’s wearing in the ad (Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle) is now my signature shade! Not sure how much it makes me look like her though…
It’s been red-carpets a go-go in London this week, with the BAFTAS, London Fashion Week AND Last night’s ELLE Style awards. Celebrity makeup artist Kay Montano has been busier (and more fashionable) than the proverbial bee, last night buzzing to Claudia Schiffer’s London home and then onto Claire Danes to glam up two very gorgeous women. She had her Chanel makeup kit fully stocked and ready to go – for what could be chicer for the red carpet than Chanel?
Foundation – Chanel Vitalumiere in Clair 20
Concealer – Chanel Beige Estompe concealer in Light
Powder – Lightly through T-Zone with Chanel Translucent 1 Loose Powder
Blush – Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Fresque
Eyes – A soft smoky eye created by blending Chanel Quad in Smoky Eyes, with Irreele duo eyeshadow in Aqua-Alta (a slate and silvery grey duo combo) to create depth.
- Chanel Ecriture de Chanel black liner at the base of eyelashes to create a subtle ‘tick’ shape
- Chanel Exceptionnel mascara in black
Lips – Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Natural with Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Beige Felin