International celebrity makeup artist Kay Montano recently shot this gorgeous British ELLE cover of Alexa Chung – who couldn’t be more if an It girl if she tried, honestly. When I saw it I had to know what that gorgeous lipstick colour she’s sporting is. Kay told me it’s Chanel’s Rouge Allure in Insolente, which I’m sure you all know has rapidly been added to my ever-growing list of Must-Have Pinks. It’s turning into quite a long list now, as yes, you guessed it – I’m still obsessed.
Here’s a video from behind-the-scenes on the ELLE shoot:
Makeup by Florrie White
Alexa Chung is a bit of an MM fave as she’s lovely, cool, has the wardrobe that everybody wants and she’s rather gorgeous as well. Here’s a beautiful shoot she did in Paris recently as a Chanel Cruise exclusive for the Australian edition of Harper’s Bazaar, shot by Angelo Pennetta. Known for her lovely cat eyes and signature flicked eyeliner it was a bit of an exciting day since she agreed to wear a bright lip. I think she looks phenomenal!
I have a breakdown from her regular makeup artist, the wonderful London-based Florrie White who reveals what she used on an impeccable summer day on the lovely Alexa:
- Decleor Sun Expert – it was so hot in the magnificent Parisian garden. Alexa did not complain while I hid in the shade guzzling cold water!
- None – she has perfect skin and I love her freckles.
- Chanel Long Lasting Concealer only under her eyes.
- Due to the heat and the clean skin I just used Givenchy’s Mister Matte to control any shine.
- MAC Cream Blush in Cheery and Cherche
- MAC Eye Pencil in Smolder
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara
- Chanel Ilusion d’Ombre Emerveille, Epatant, Illusoire, Mirifique used individually and/or mixed together, blended and changed around throughout the shoot.
- MAC Pro Lip Mix in Orange
- Dior Vernis Underground 824
Here’s a gorgeous behind-the-scenes video showing Florrie at work:
I found this lovely video of Alexa Chung, with makeup done by celebrity makeup artist, Florrie White (who I used to assist in London). Find out why everyone loves Alexa…