Ah the couture. Magical clothes that are made by the world’s most skilled artisans, and designed by the greatest fashion minds of our time, with price as no object. Could there be anything more beautiful?
The redoubtable Karl Lagerfeld has done it again at the Chanel Haute Couture show last week, creating a dazzling collection that culminated in Cara Delevigne as the bride, wearing trainers. Which sounds like so many shades of wrong until you see it, when you realise it captures fashion’s current mood perfectly.
And the makeup! Peter Philips has done it again with a simple, ethereal gorgeous makeup featuring a silver glitter liner under the eye. Here’s the Chanel products he used:
- Perfection Lumiere Velvet – New Foundation Collection (available in April)
- Eclat Lumiere concealer
- Poudre Universelle Libre
- Ligne Graphique de Chanel “Noir-Noir” (N°10)
- Le Crayon Khol “Clair” (N°69)
- Mascara Volume de Chanel “Black” (N°10)
- Eyelash Curler de Chanel
- Crayon Sourcils
- Le Sourcil de Chanel
- Blush Joues Contraste “Espiègle” (N°65)
- Rouge Coco Shine “Satisfaction” (N°89) – (from the “Variation” Collection available March)
- Le Vernis “Frisson” (N°543)
PS If you want to get your paws on that silver glitter, MAC do a fabulous range of glitters, or a theatrical makeup store should be able to help you find something just as gorgeous. I like Screenface, Charles Fox or Guru Makeup when I’m in London, or in Sydney you could try my favourite makeup artist store, Scotty’s Makeup on Broadway.