London makeup artist Florrie White was looking after the two Victoria’s Secret angels last week, and gave them both bombshell screen siren red pouts, with the help of Burberry Beauty. On Rosie, she used Burberry Lip Definer in Brick Red no 5, and Rosy Red lipstick no. 5. Candice got a mixture of Burberry lipsticks in Union Red no 17, and Hibiscus no 20. Talk about a pair of 1930’s femme fatales!
Makeup by Florrie White
We all know that Rosie H-W is, quite frankly, a goddess. Whiplash hair, feline eyes, that incredible Victoria’s Secret body. She’s enough to make grown men cry and make Angelina Jolie look like, well a bit of a moose. (Sorry Angelina).
When I saw pictures of her at the Burberry show last week in London, and at Mario Testino’s 1930’s party that night (but more on that later), I had to find out what her makeup look was. So I emailed her makeup artist, Florrie White, for the inside scoop.
As Rosie is the face of Burberry Florrie was able to choose whatever she wanted from the gorgeous new Burberry makeup line (an MM fave, if you hadn’t already gathered), to perfect that already pretty damn near perfect face. Here’s what Florrie used:
- Decleor Harmonie Calm and Neroli Oil
- Burberry Sheer Foundation in 04/05
- Burberry Sheer Concealer no 02
- Burberry Warm Glow
- Burberry Midnight Brown eye pencil
- Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows in Midnight Brown and Chestnut
- Burberry Effortless Mascara in Black
- Burberry Lip Definer in Nude Beige 01
- Burberry Lip Mist in 01
Burberry Makeup is now available in Australia at David Jones.
Thandie Newton (this month’s UK Instyle cover girl) looked even more breathtaking than usual at last week’s Met Ball. Seriously, does the woman ever age? Wearing a black lace bespoke Stella Macartney gown she had her makeup done by her long-time makeup artist, Kay Montano. Here’s what Kay used:
Foundation: Olay Touch of Foundation
Powder: Illamasqua Loose Powder in LP235
Blush: MyFace Cosmetics blush in A Her Name is Rio
- MyFace EyeTouch Eyeshadow trio in Midnight Hour
- MyFace Hi-Def Pencil in Black
- Chanel Inimitable Obscure mascara in Black
- Chanel Ecriture de Chanel black liner
Lips: MyFace Lip Pop gloss in 136
I have another Beauty Breakdown treat for all you little makeup munchkins today! For the first time, one of my favourite actresses, Thandie Newton, has allowed a film crew in to catch her preparing for an event. And not only do I have the fabulous footage (seen here exclusively for Beauty and the Dirt), but I have a breakdown as well, courtesy of her long-time makeup artist, Kay Montano.
Thandie looks phenom, as always – seriously I have never, EVER seen her look anything than unbelievable. Here’s what Kay used:
- Olay Touch of Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder in Golden Orange
- Blush – Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Truffle
- Chanel Eyeshadow duo in Taupe Gris
- Myface Eye pencil in Black
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Black Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Black
- MyFace Lip Pop Gloss in 136
Kay’s been in a busy lady, getting not only Thandie Newton ready for the BAFTAS last night but Amy Adams as well. I love me a bit of Amy Adams – Sunshine Cleaning was one of my favourite movies I saw last year, and anyone who can pull off being not only Amelia Earhart, but Amelia Earhart as Ben Stiller’s love interest is a true star in my book! A new mum, she looked radiant on the red carpet in a peach Elie Saab dress.
Here’s what Kay used:
- Bobbi Brown Enriched Vitamin Face Base
- Myface MyMix foundation in F1
- Jurlique Rose scented powder
- Chanel Fresque blush
- Myface Eye pencil in Brown
- Chanel Tapue Gris eyeshadow duo
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- Chanel Inimitable mascara
- Bobbi Brown Taupe eyeshadow to shape eyebrows
- Myface Lipliner in Nude
- Myface Lip Pop gloss in 136
Makeup by Kay Montano
Hilary Swank always looks beautiful on the red carpet, and this time in London at the premiere of her new film, Conviction, was no exception. Wearing a stunning silver Donna Karan gown which went perfectly with her bronzed beauty, A-list makeup artist Kay Montano used the following products to get Hilary ready:
Foundation – Myface Mymix foundation in M2
Concealer – Clinique Airbrush in 02 Medium
Powder – Jurlique Rose Loose Powder on T-zone
Blush – Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Truffle
- Shu Uemura Lash curlers
- Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara
- Bobbi Brown lipliner in Blush
- MyFace Lip Pop gloss in 235
I might have mentioned somewhere before that I am slightly obsessed with January Jones’s cool, blonde beauty, and I thought she looked the most radiant of all the stars on the red carpet at yesterday’s Emmy Awards. She looked like a modern day Hitchcock heroine in her extraordinary Versace gown, and I’m quite the fan of her makeup artist, LA-based Rachel Goodwin.
Rachel was inspired by Irving Penn’s iconic photos of his wife, 50’s supermodel Lisa Fonssagrives, whose signature extended eyeliner symbolised the epitome of elegance.
Here’s what she used:
Foundation – Make Up for Ever Face and Body foundation
Blush – NARS Penny Lane cream blush
- Chanel Liquid Liner in Noir extended out past the edge of her eye with extra false lashes on the outer corners
- Chanel Inimitable mascara in Noir on top lashes
- Chanel Inimitable mascara in Purple on lower lashes
Lips – Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Confidence
Lovely Aussie actress Rose Byrne was sporting a red lip at the Breakthrough of the Year Awards in LA, and her makeup artist, Amy Hollier, was channelling modern glamour. “I’m always inspired by old Hollywood glamour, but this look was definitely a modern version of that. It was more Angelina Jolie in Manhattan, than Marilyn Monroe in Hollywood”, Amy said.
Rose is beautiful, great at what she does (Damages is one of my favourite series EVER, and anyone who can hold their own with Glenn Close must be a fairly serious actress), and we both grew up in Balmain in Sydney, so I am quite partial to a bit of Rose.
Amy Hollier used the following products to get the look:
- Stila Starlight shadow “on the inner corners of the eyes, then blended out across the top lid and under the eyebrow arches. The shimmer picks up the light to brighten the eyes and give them a pop”.
- Paul & Joe mascara duo in black “One of my favourite mascaras for dramatic black lashes”, says Amy.
- Stila Longwear Lipliner in Passionate
- Lipstick Queen Lipstick in Red Sinner